Monday, October 18, 2010

Help I'm awkward!

You know when you get your hair cut short and then decide you really want long hair so you try grow it out and it stays at that awkward length for ages? Yep, that's me right now. If you share my hair-awkwardness, here are a few tips...
    Love, trust, appreciate your hairdresser/stylist - And if you don't have one, get one! For example, mine is so fabulous: she knows I'm trying desperately to grow out my hair and discourages me from cutting it short again in the meantime.


    Get it trimmed/restyled regularly - It's a fact that if you get rid of your dead ends often your hair will grow quicker and healthier so get to chopping!








    Dye your hair or get high/lowlights - This will update your look instantly and make you feel brand new, even if your length is still awkward.







    Get a perm - I tried this over the summer and it absolutely worked and looked fabulous until it started to wear off/grow out. Now don't be afraid of perms, they're not all bad. Kate Hudson's perm is so beachy and loose - not 80s nightmare at all!




    Excuse your French - A little French braid on the side will always make your hair more interesting plus it's a great way to look and feel more feminine. Check out how hot Nicole Ritchie looks with hers.




    Bobby, bobby, bobby - Bobby pins are a lifesaver in certain situations. Half grown out layers, messy bangs/fringes and loose hairs at the back will forever haunt you unless you utilise these underrated accessories.






    Let me know how you get on and if you have any other tips or ideas! I've heard pre-natal vitamins and horse shampoo are incredible for growing hair quickly - anyone tried it?

    Love, A xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment