Wednesday, October 6, 2010

on ink....

To get a tattoo or not to get a tattoo? This is a question lots of girls are asking these days - it seems everyone has one! Personally speaking, I am a fan. I love the thrill of the pain (does that make me a sick freak?!), the planning and being able to show it off afterwards. This generation most definitely has a different attitude towards ink than previous times. For example, convincing my parents that my first tattoo was wonderful and not a hideous permanent branding on my foot was a challenge! Now let's be honest tattoos aren't for everyone, and some are just plain trashy. Many people have tattoos that they regret - names of old boyfriends, mess ups, mispellings (eek!) and more. That said, I have some personal questions for when I get new tattoos that I would like to share to make your decision that much easier.

If you are thinking of getting a tattoo....
a) Have you wanted the same thing in the the same place for at least two months?
b) Does this tattoo have a meaning to you now, and will it always mean something to you (i.e. not your current boyfriend's name - you never know what might happen, and not a passing trend or fad)?

So on a little side note, recently I got to try out tattooing for myself! My tattoo artist and his wife let me mess around with some of their equipment and let me tell you: there is much more to tattooing than you'd think! Not only is it a form of art with a massive amount of creativity and discernment involved, it is a big learning process to make sure that everything you do is beyond question when it comes to cleanliness and safety. I look forward to trying it out again sometime soon!

Love, A xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment